Post on May 30, 2021 by ultimateauadmin
BMWs are excellent cars that are known for their luxury and reliability. When a person buys a BMW, they know that they are getting a vehicle built with solid German engineering. To ensure that your BMW stays at peak performance, it is essential that you perform regular clutch care.
It is important to understand how to properly take care of your clutch because you can degrade the clutch’s overall lifespan if you unknowingly abuse it. However, sometimes regular clutch care is not enough, and you will require your BMWs clutch to be repaired or replaced. When this happens, it is vital that you get your BMW inspected by an experienced mechanic who specializes in BMW repair.
What is a clutch?
Clutches are only found in vehicles with a manual transmission. To put it simply, when you start your BMW, your engine runs constantly, but your car doesn’t move. By engaging the clutch it allows you to shift gears to allow your vehicle to move.
Clutches are a consumable item inside your vehicle, and much like your brake pads, they will eventually need to be replaced. However, to ensure the longest life out of your BMW’s clutch, there are a few steps that you can take.
If regular clutch care is completed, your clutch’s lifespan can substantially increase in your BMW. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your clutch:
- Do not be rough on your clutch! A clutch can optimally last for up to 100,000 miles, but if you are mistreating your clutch, it will last a third of that time. In the long run, this would cost you more money.
- Do not engine brake! When coming to a complete stop, you need to slow down gradually using your brakes and downshift By engine braking, you are putting excess wear and tear on your clutch.
- Do not engage your clutch when you don’t have to! If you are sitting at a red light, you should put your car in neutral, or if you are on a steep hill, you should engage your BMW’s parking brake.
These basic steps could prevent you from having to get your BMW’s clutch replaced early and save you money in the long run.
Signs of a Defective Clutch
From wear and tear or excessive use, a BMWs clutch will start to not work properly. If this happens, it is time to get it inspected by an experienced mechanic. Here are some signs that your clutch is going out.
- The clutch vibrates: You will feel the clutch pedal vibrate or pulsate while you are engaging it. You will feel the pedal moving up and down rapidly. This could be from a warped disc, misalignment, or a defective diaphragm spring. You should have your BMW checked out if you experience this issue.
- The clutch doesn’t want to engage: This is also called clutch slippage. This happens when your engine puts out power, and your BMW does not move because the clutch does not engage.
- Noisy vehicle: This can come in a variety of sounds, such as a grinding noise or your BMW will be loud while in neutral. This is a serious issue, so you should get your BMW inspected immediately by an experienced BMW mechanic.
How Ultimate European Repair can Help
Ultimate European Repair is the leading European auto service in Tolleson, AZ. We have the reviews to back it up, so check us out on Google. We are also proud to serve the surrounding area of Avondale, Buckeye, Goodyear, Peoria, and Phoenix.
Our certified experienced mechanics can take care of all your maintenance needs, including repairing and replacing your BMWs clutch. Our mechanics are held to the highest standards possible and are equipped with the latest factory-grade tools & equipment.
Why take your vehicle to an expensive dealership when you can get the best service in town at an affordable rate? Stop by or schedule an appointment today and see why our customers love us. Give us a call.
Posted in BMW Repair